I was checking on a vehicle graphics installation last week when I noticed a wrap in progress on a Golden Malted Van. Last year, I met Golden Malted’s Supply Chain Manager, Bob Berardinelli, while he was waiting for completion of a van wrap. It was number 4 of 22. He was seated in the TKO Graphix break room when I introduced myself and asked a few questions. He shared his experience of driving the third van back to their South Bend headquarters. The company received three calls from prospects who’d seen the wrapped van on the return trip; all three became valuable customers. I asked Bob if he’d mind sharing his story on YouTube, and he not only agreed, but also was enthusiastic about sharing his success. How unusual is Bob’s story? What can be expected from vehicle wrap impressions when compared to more traditional advertising?
• A 30-second primetime spot in the top 100 television markets costs $17.78 per thousand impressions.
• A 60-second drive-time ad in the top 100 radio markets costs $8.61 per thousand impressions.
• A one-third b/w page ad in the top 100 newspaper markets costs $22.95 per thousand impressions.
• A four-color one-page ad in the top 23 magazine publications costs $9.35 per thousand impressions.
• The average for all forms of billboard ads costs $2.18 per thousand impressions.
• Vehicle wraps cost $.77 per thousand impressions (CPM).
(Statistics courtesy of the Outdoor Advertising Association of America)
If you’d like more on the costs versus benefits of vehicle graphics, try this TKO Brandwire post.